Features of Boston M Center
Upgrade your home theater system and enjoy exceptional surround sound with the MCenter Center Channel Loudspeaker from Boston Acoustics. Along with a pair of 4.5-inch polypropylene cone woofers, the MCenter features a 2.5-inch Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) driver for consistent sound across a wide audio range. The speaker is short enough to fit easily on shelves and walls, and its ports have been put on the front to limit proximity effect when placed in cabinets or near walls.
The MCenter has a cabinet made of Lo-Q, a material consisting of two pieces of medium-density fiberboard joined together with a thick layer of damping adhesive in the middle. This material significantly reduces cabinet vibrations to virtually eliminate unwanted resonances allowing the MCenter to create a larger, more vivid soundstage.
These two modes of operation significantly extend the usable range of the driver, resulting in enhanced high frequency dispersion for more consistent surround sound. A low crossover point delivers clear sound reproduction in midrange frequencies where the human ear is most sensitive. The speaker also contains two 4.5-inch polypropylene cone woofers for dynamic bass.
- 2-1/2" inch Balanced Mode Radiator (BMR) driver for a wide, open soundstage
- two 4-1/2" polypropylene low-frequency drivers for dynamic bass
- bass-reflex (ported) enclosure
- Boston Lo-Q™ cabinet construction reduces vibration and eliminates unwanted resonance
- laser-based vibration measurements ensure optimized placement of internal bracing and driver mounting points to minimize cabinet resonances
- high-gloss black piano lacquer finish with leatherette covered baffle
- frequency response: 68-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: compatible with 8-ohm outputs
- recommended amplifier power: 50-200 watts
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals