Features of Boston RPS 1000
Front-Firing 10” 1000-Watt Peak Powered Subwoofer with dual 8” radiators.Today’s movies devote an entire audio channel to bass, and the RPS 1000 reproduces it effortlessly. With a 10-inch front-firing FCCM woofer, and dual 8-inch FCCM passive radiators, no bass note will go unfelt -- whether from assorted cinematic cataclysms or the percussion section of symphony orchestra.
While each speaker baffle features a smooth surface and invisible hardware, the real secret behind Reflection’s Super Linear Plane (SLP) Baffles is their unique ability to nearly eliminate acoustic diffraction. Super-shallow grilles using an invisible magnetic attachment create an almost entirely seamless alignment with the baffle plane to significantly reduce sonic barriers. The resulting sound is equally pristine with the grilles on or off.
All Reflection models incorporate our new Fiber Ceramic Copolymer Material (FCCM) Woofer cones made from a composite of fiber and ceramic materials impregnated in a proprietary copolymer. By combining these multi-composite cones with Boston’s Deep Channel® Design, these woofers produce a smooth response over the entire operating range. That means you get all the thunder of high-output bass and all the subtleties and detail of the midrange—with minimal distortion.
- Frequency response 23-150 Hz (±3dB)
- 10" Fiber Ceramic Copolymer Material (FCCM) woofer
- Dual 8" FCCM passive radiators
- Deep Channel® Design for more bass from less amplifier power
- 500-watt RMS amplifier
- BassTrac® circuitry eliminates distortion
- Continuously variable 40-180 Hz crossover
- Phase switch
- LFE, line-level, and speaker-level inputs
- Gold-plated binding posts
- Scratch-resistant high gloss black finish