Features of Marantz M-CR510
Looking to add music to an office, bedroom, dorm room, or den? Maybe you've already got a spare set of bookshelf speakers lying around. All you need is a way to power them and a way to play some tunes. The Marantz M-CR510 gives you both without requiring much more than a cozy resting place on your desk or shelf. This network-capable receiver has built-in Wi-Fi, so it's easy to start wirelessly streaming music even if your router isn't within reach. The M-CR510 can play music from networked computers, online music services like Pandora® and Spotify®, or free Internet radio stations from around the world. It also has Apple AirPlay, making it a snap to stream songs from your iPhone®, iPad®, or iTunes® on your Mac® or PC. That's a whole lot of music choices built into a single compact component that can make your speakers sing with legendary Marantz sound.
M-CR510. There are inputs for analog and digital sources, so you can connect a CD player or even hook up your TV to bypass its tiny speakers and actually hear movies and shows. Front- and rear-panel USB ports are perfect for mass storage devices loaded up with digital music files. Or plug your iPod or iPhone into the front port for digital playback using this receiver's high-quality digital decoding. There's also a preamp output for a powered subwoofer, in case you need to augment the bass response of those bookshelf speakers.
This little receiver does a lot, and it's easy to control with the Marantz Remote app for Apple® and Android™ devices. Download this free app to your smartphone, so you can get your music playing the second you walk in the room. The app lets you choose from hundreds of free Internet radio streams, play tunes from your music server, or even control your iPod when it's plugged into the receiver.
See our bullets below for the blow-by-blow details.
- 50 watts x 2 into 6 ohms (1 kHz) at 0.7% THD.
- built-in Wi-Fi for music streaming over your wireless home network.
- Apple AirPlay® for streaming music from an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or computer running iTunes.
- built-in streaming from Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet radio and thousands of free Internet radio stations (subscription required for some services).
- DLNA 1.5 certified for streaming music from a compatible networked PC or network attached storage device.
- front- and rear-panel USB input for playing music from an iPod or USB memory device.
- supports high-resolution playback for FLAC, WAV (up to 24-bit/192kHz) and Apple Lossless files (up to 24-bit/96kHz ).
- Source Direct mode disengages unnecessary circuitry for purest possible playback.
- 3-line display for artist, song, and station info.
- gapless playback of digital music files (FLAC and WAV only).