Features of Marantz PM-5004
Perfect for smaller systems in a den, bedroom, or dorm, the PM5004 lets you experience musical details you never before noticed on your favorite recordings, whether they're on LPs, CDs, or even high-resolution SACDs and DVD-Audio discs in stereo mode. You'll clearly discern the distinct voices of individual musicians, while the ensemble sound remains full and balanced.
To maximize audio performance, Marantz's engineers took extensive care with every aspect of the PM5004's design and construction. Audiophiles will appreciate touches like a source direct mode that bypasses the tone controls to provide the cleanest signal possible.
This excellent entry-level integrated amp breaks all the rules. That’s because it’s the first in its class to offer current feedback architecture – a feature that until now has been exclusive to the much more expensive models. This technology provides very fast and accurate signal handling which results in perfectly balanced stereo sound reproduction and a very open and precise sound stage. Offering 40W per channel into 8 ohm or 55W into 4 ohm, this amp includes a metal chassis and front metal panel to ensure a very rigid and solid base. It also offers customized components for sound tuning, a phono MM equaliser, as well as Source Direct functionality to ensure shortest signal paths. Without doubt, the PM5004 has raised the performance bar in the so-called entry level area. Great sound. Amazing versatility.
See our bullets below for the blow-by-blow details.
- 35 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD.
- 45 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz).
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers.
- current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions.
- frequency response 10-50,000 Hz (+0dB, -1dB).
- signal-to-noise ratio: 103 dB (line in), 83 dB (phono)
- iPod® integration (requires optional Marantz IS301).
- 6 stereo RCA audio inputs (including MM phono input).
- 2 stereo RCA audio outputs.
- Source Direct button bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound.
- transparent screw-type speaker connectors.
- IR flasher input.
- 1 unswitched and 2 switched AC outlets.