Features of Marantz PM-7004
This full discrete current feedback integrated amplifier is perfect for audiophiles wanting both excellent music quality and flexible operation. It offers a powerful 2x 70W into 8 ohms, while the symmetrical circuits ensure perfect image balancing. To guarantee best sound quality the PM7004 includes high-grade audio components, current feedback HDAMs, and a high-speed instantaneous current supply. Also included is a highly useful new Tri-Tone Control system – this enables you to adjust not only Bass and Treble, but also the Mids. It is perfect for optimising the sound quality of compressed files such as MP3, by providing much finer adaptation steps. It is also useful to partly correct your room acoustics. All this is possible, but of course you can simply use the PM7004 in source-direct mode for the purest audio signal and enjoy your vinyls via Phono (MM) input.
Marantz invites you to hear the truth and nothing but the truth. A source direct mode bypasses the tone controls to provide the cleanest signal possible.
Perfect for smaller systems in a den, bedroom, or dorm, the PM 7004 lets you experience musical details you never before noticed on your favorite recordings, whether they're on LPs, CDs, or even high-resolution SACDs and DVD-Audio discs in stereo mode. You'll clearly discern the distinct voices of individual musicians, while the ensemble sound remains full and balanced. To maximize audio performance, Marantz's engineers took extensive care with every aspect of the PM5004's design and construction. Audiophiles will appreciate touches like a source direct mode that bypasses the tone controls to provide the cleanest signal possible.
This amp offers six audio inputs, including one for a turntable. Two sets of speaker outputs let you conveniently power a second pair of speakers in another room.
- 35 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD.
- 45 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz).
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers.
- current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions.
- frequency response 10-50,000 Hz (+0dB, -1dB).
- signal-to-noise ratio: 103 dB (line in), 83 dB (phono).
- iPod® integration (requires optional Marantz IS301).
- 6 stereo RCA audio inputs (including MM phono input).
- 2 stereo RCA audio outputs.
- Source Direct button bypasses tone control circuits for cleaner sound.
- transparent screw-type speaker connectors.
- IR flasher input.
- 1 unswitched and 2 switched AC outlets.