Features of Marantz SR-7008
If you demand superior performance from your home theater, then check out Marantz's flagship receiver — the SR7008. It can power up to 9 speakers and has connections for two powered subwoofers, bringing your entertainment to life with rich, robust sound. With connections for stacks of A/V source components, this workhorse will let you get the most out of all your viewing and listening choices. Networking and built-in Apple AirPlay offer a world of streaming music at your fingertips. Extend your movies and music far beyond the confines of your home theater with three-zone capability and three HDMI outputs. It's all packed into this powerful home theater hub and backed by decades of Marantz engineering and expertise.
Take advantage of cloud-based music services as well as your own digital music collection by connecting the SR7008 to your home network. This receiver has built-in support for free Internet radio stations, Pandora®, and subscription services like Spotify® and SiriusXM. If you have a Wi-Fi® router, then use Apple AirPlay compatibility for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, or a computer running iTunes®. Access your entire digital music collection from the palm of your hand with your Apple® device. Or stream audio from any AirPlay-compatible app — like YouTube™ or MOG — to the SR7008 for playback over your home theater speakers. You can also stream music from PCs and select Android™ devices with DLNA-compatibility. AirPlay requires a wireless home network and a wired connection between the receiver and network.
With the SR7008's "power amp assign" feature, you'll have lots of options for speaker setup tailored to your gear. Use all nine channels in your home theater for room-filling 9.2-channel surround sound with Audyssey DSX or DTS Neo:X processing. Or reassign the "surround back," "front height," or "front wide" channels to power stereo speakers in a second and third room while still enjoying 5.2-channel sound in your main zone. You can also reassign those additional channels to bi-amp your compatible front speakers for even more detailed audio performance. Dual-zone HDMI outputs lets you watch one movie in your main room while the kids watch a TV show in another room. A third HDMI output is perfect for home theater rooms with a projector and an HDTV.
- 9-channel amplifier.
- 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven.
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding, including Dolby Pro Logic® IIz and DTS Neo:X.
- analog-to-HDMI video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K).
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ® XT32 and Sub EQ HT eight-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included).
- Audyssey LFC (low frequency containment) system limits the amount of bass that leaks into other rooms.
- Audyssey DSX® processing for enhanced surround sound height or width effects using additional front speakers.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady.
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels.