Features of Marantz CD-5004
People who think all CD players sound the same should take a listen to the Marantz CD5004. It's the kind of player that will keep you listening late into the night, rediscovering every disc in your collection. It offers a hard-to-find combination of superb audio performance, understated good looks, and affordability.
Marantz included circuitry refinements and specially selected parts straight out of their high-end Reference Series playbook. For example, high-quality capacitors are used in the audio signal path for superior transient speed and better bass response — giving lifelike energy to your music. And the CD5004's advanced Cirrus Logic digital-to-analog converters (DACS) deliver the kind of rich, detailed sound you'd normally expect to hear only from costlier players.
Music enthusiasts will love the CD5004's Audio EX mode. It mutes the digital audio outputs and turns off the display. By eliminating these potential noise sources, the CD5004 delivers pristine sound quality. Marantz also uses widely spaced, gold-plated RCA jacks that won't cramp the heavy-duty connectors found on high-quality cables.
- Plays CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs, and MP3 & WMA CDs.
- 192kHz/24-bit Cirrus Logic CS4392 digital-to-analog converters for exceptional sound quality.
- ELNA Silmic and Cerafine audio-grade capacitors used in signal path for faster transients and better bass response.
- Marantz HDAM® (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module)-SA2 used in analog circuitry for faster signal transfer and better transient response.
- aluminum/fiberglass front panel for vibration resistance.
- Audio EX mode eliminates potential noise sources for cleaner sound.
- variable pitch control allows music CD playback at different speeds.