Features of Boston M 25
Experience rich sound while enjoying music, movies, and more with the M25 Bookshelf Loudspeaker from Boston Acoustics. Well suited for small rooms, this speaker features a 1-inch Extended Wide Bandwidth dome tweeter and a 5.25-inch cone woofer for accurate, natural sound and dynamic bass. The M25's Lo-Q cabinet is built to reduce vibrations and eliminate unwanted resonances, and its compact size allows you to place the speaker on a bookshelf, wall shelf, table, or speaker stand.
M25 Bookshelf Loudspeaker is equipped with Boston's signature 1-inch Extended Wide Bandwidth (EWB) dome tweeter, which is designed to cover a broad range of frequencies, reduce distortion, and improve clarity in the high registers. Unlike most tweeters, the EWB has a small dimple in the middle and a large radiating surface that extends from the center to the outside perimeter of the diaphragm. This design enables the tweeter to track subtle treble details and reproduce the highest frequencies with ease.
M25 has a cabinet made of Lo-Q, a material consisting of two pieces of medium-density fiberboard joined together with a thick layer of damping adhesive in the middle. This material significantly reduces cabinet vibrations to virtually eliminate unwanted resonances allowing the M25 to create a larger, more vivid soundstage.
he cabinet also contains heavy-duty absorptive fill and internal braces which have been strategically positioned to maximize the speaker's strength and optimize sound. The M25's black gloss finish and curved side panels with faux leather wrap can complement any decor.
- 1" Extended Wide Bandwidth soft dome tweeter for clarity and low distortion
- 5-1/4" polypropylene cone woofer supplies dynamic bass
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet
- Boston Lo-Q™ cabinet construction reduces vibration and eliminates unwanted resonance
- high-quality crossover network circuit boards and components for outstanding phase and timing accuracy
- laser-based vibration measurements ensure optimized placement of internal bracing and driver mounting points to minimize cabinet resonance
- high-gloss black piano lacquer finish with leatherette covered baffle
- frequency response: 62-30,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: compatible with 8-ohm outputs
- recommended amplifier power: 50-200 watts
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals