Features of Marantz MM-7055
The new MM7055 is the five-channel option in this year’s extended line-up of main amplifiers. Based on the technology used in the MM8003 and using the exact same chassis, it delivers a thumping 140W rms into 8 ohm to each of the channels, while the ultra-wide bandwidth current feedback technology easily handles the highest SACD frequencies – this also makes it ideal for the high definition DTS Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD formats too. The result? Totally precise tonal and image balance, speed and dynamics. And on top of all that, you also get XLR audio inputs, DC triggers and a Marantz control bus system for remote on/off. There’s even a stylish new display screen showing the actual output power. This is power and convenience to take your breath away.
Even with the advent of 7.2- and 9.2-channel surround sound systems, most home theater lovers still opt for tried-and-true 5.1-channel sound. Recognizing this reality, Marantz built this 5-channel power plant as the primary companion to its AV7005 preamp/processor. You won't have to buy more amp channels than you need, but you can easily add one or more MM7025 2 x 140-watt amplifiers to your setup for more surround channels or multi-room audio.
Behind the MM7055's elegant facade lies a muscular, yet refined current-feedback amplifier design that excels at reproducing both fine musical detail and hair-raising transient peaks.The MM7055 is comfortable driving high-performance speakers. If your preamp or A/V processor has XLR outputs, you can connect to this amp's XLR inputs and enjoy the superior sound quality they provide.
- 9-channel amplifier.
- 125 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven.
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding, including Dolby Pro Logic® IIz and DTS Neo:X.
- analog-to-HDMI video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K).
- Audyssey Laboratories' MultEQ® XT32 and Sub EQ HT eight-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included).
- Audyssey LFC (low frequency containment) system limits the amount of bass that leaks into other rooms.
- Audyssey DSX® processing for enhanced surround sound height or width effects using additional front speakers.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady.
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels.